Our client is a highly unique business operating in the supply chain industry offering services to retail and healthcare sectors to name a few.
Recent organic growth has resulted in an exciting opportunity for a PR & Communications Officer to join their London based team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this strategically important role, will allow you to own and manage a PR and media relations plan that will position and communicate the company's corporate and sector propositions. You will be responsible for building the company's profile with agreed target media and other stakeholder groups in support of overall strategic and marketing plans.
You will also be responsible for ensuring all company communications meet their tone of voice guidelines, and you will write compelling and impactful news stories for placement in the media and for publishing through our own marketing channels.
You will also help support the company's social media plans, including the CEO's social media presence, and ensure regular internal communications on company and marketing news.
PR and media relations planning and delivery:
- Working in close cooperation with all key internal stakeholders and the wider marketing team, create and deliver a PR and media plan that positions the company as an authoritative voice in all our key sectors, delivering:
- Working with the wider marketing team, create and maintain agreed messaging for all key sectors and programmes
- Identify conference and other speaking opportunities for spokespeople, providing support as required
- Identify sponsorship opportunities and delivering against any agreed sponsorship plans
- Manage relationships with external PR agencies when used, ensuring delivery against agreed plans
- Ensure all agreed PR and media KPIs are achieved
Copywriting and content creation:
- Write press releases and news stories for the media, approved by relevant stakeholders, and ensuring all copy is aligned with tone of voice and agreed messaging
- Write regular news stories for website and other marketing channels including email and social media, maximising their impact through supporting photography, infographics, video and animations
- Act as the tone of voice guardian for all company communications, and advising, supporting and coaching other marketing team members when necessary
- Help manage the CEO's social media channels (currently Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Support the development and ongoing management of all social media channels
- Working with all departments, ensure regular internal communications about company news, programmes and events, including all marketing and PR highlights
- Professional PR or marketing qualification - degree, CIPR, CIM or CAM
- 5+ years' experience as a PR and marketing professional in a similar role, managing and delivering PR in-house
- Proven copywriting and proofreading skills, and ability to write to an agreed tone of voice
- Ability to brief board members and senior management before all media opportunities
- Ability to provide project managers with planning and tactical advice on all marketing and communication issues
- B2B marketing experience
- Experience of managing and maximising the effectiveness of external agencies
- Knowledge and experience of retail, foodservice or healthcare sectors
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive communication skills with ability to work well in team environment
- Proactive, enthusiastic and committed - a can-do attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively and with confidence at all levels
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Capacity to operate successfully in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
This is an outstanding career opportunity for a talented communications professional to promote the company's profile at an exciting time of growth. You will be given the chance to progress your career in a challenging yet supportive working environment. If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, please do not hesitate to apply with your CV details.