The business is a start-up insurance provider who are disrupting the market. This is a global role with a focus on emerging markets: emerging Asia and Africa. The company is led by a group of young entrepreneurs seeking to change the way the insurance industry works. We are currently looking for a passionate and experienced brand marketer, keen to be a key part of a rapidly growing company in the financial services space in emerging markets, to launch and manage their global marketing & communications strategy. This role is part of the global team, leading both external and internal communications, brand, PR and marketing. It will report into the Deputy CEO. Given the markets they operate in they are looking for you to have experience either with emerging Asia or African markets, or ideally both!
- Defining and executing the strategy for the Brand globally and in each Market, Promotion, PR, Marketing and Communications.
- Strategic and Business planning, managing the Brand & Communications budget
- Building out the capability of the function; currently managing 1 direct report with requirement to add capacity and structure the team according to business needs.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating the integrated marketing and communications plan (globally and directing each local market in this task) - incorporating public relations, direct marketing, below the line and above the line marketing, relationship management, new media (online, smartphones, apps, digital marketing), advertising, promotions.
- Develop the optimal marketing mix through leveraging customer insights
- Defining brand strategy and roadmap driving product profile & recognition across all geographies
- Building consistent brand experience across all internal and external communications, including the global and local market website management
- Contributing to strategic decision-making within the company, acting as part of the global team.
- Overseeing the production and editing of collateral, including local market brochures and other marketing materials as well as globally on annual reports, videos and thought-leadership.
- Working with the team to develop and execute a media strategy, including development of messaging, drafting media releases, press kits, talking points, developing the conference attendance and speaker-slot strategy, submitting award entries, thought-pieces, running press conferences, placement of articles, building relationships with journalist, working with agencies or freelancers, etc.
- Ensuring brand consistency across all geographies as well as developing individual product brand concepts in each market; advising on specific customisations required due to local culture or circumstances
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Abundant relevant experience in brand, communications, PR and marketing; a strong advantage would be to have gained this experience within one or more emerging markets.
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship management skills with the capacity to provide high level strategic advice on a global remit: i.e. experience as part of a management team in a global organisation
- Expert in 360 understanding of all communication channels including above the line and below the line Advertising, Physical and Digital channels, Events, Sponsorships, Campaigns, Promotions, CSR, with a particular understanding for nuances of these channels in emerging markets
- Highest-level professional writing, editing, copywriting, messaging and proofreading skills.
- In depth understanding of brand equity and the dynamics of brand drivers
- Broad range of contacts in global press and other relevant media is ideal
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to relate to and engage with a wide range of investment professionals globally
- Ability to learn quickly and master a complex brief
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile technology and/or microfinance
- Good working knowledge of relevant technology (e.g. CMS, Web, newsletters, blogs)