A great opportunity for an Interim Communications Content Editor to join a global Banking and Financial Services organisation.
Overall purpose of role
Sitting in the Corporate Communications function you will be part of a team that manages the bank's media relations and employee communications activity.
The key task is to ensure that written content and output from the team is of a consistently high standard, supports the corporate narrative and communications objectives and is creative and interesting. The role holder will be expected to pitch ideas for new campaigns and editorial content, manage bespoke projects and support the wider team's content needs with large campaigns, speeches and other work.
- Responsible for developing ideas for new, interesting content and stories across all communications channels
- Assist to manage Chief Executive's LinkedIn Influencer profile.
- Own and manage the structure and content for key websites. In particular, develop new case studies to support campaigns.
- Proactively research and write articles that support new Group campaigns and initiatives.
- Assist in the writing of speeches/ speaking notes for key senior leaders.
- Create material for pro-active news and opinion content.
- Suggest topics for, and contribute to the creation of, thought leadership/ opinion pieces for senior leaders.
- Share best practice and learning with colleagues and seek continuous improvement opportunities, maintaining a thorough understanding of relevant, up-to-date information.
- Maintain close ties with the Channels Effectiveness and Employee Communications teams to ensure campaigns are devised with a clear understanding of the audiences, range and effectiveness of all channels available.
- Provide exceptional stakeholder support that builds trust in the working relationship, confidence in our expertise, and a positive reputation for the wider function.Person Specification
- Strong track record of devising and managing content across channels.
- Creative flair, strong writing skills and interest in developing others.
- Able to influence and counsel colleagues on style and tone of content.