Working for this global consultancy, the PR Manager is responsible for the implementation of strategic PR initiatives to build the organisations profile requiring strong media relations skills.
The ideal candidate will have strong professional services or financial services media contact and be able responsible for the following activities:
- Media relations: Identify key target media journalists in national, trade, online and broadcast media and maintain working relationships with these journalists.
- PR campaigns - direction and execution: support the Head of Global PR in working with the sector and service marketing teams and consultants to design, deliver and evaluate a programme of creative, responsive, and news driven PR campaigns. Monitor forward features for opportunities, critically review and edit media proposals, pitch ideas to journalists. Work closely with sector and service marketing managers to deliver PR plans.
- Strategy, planning and budget: support the Global Head of PR to develop a region-level PR strategy, plan and budget for the UK.
- Press office: manage the corporate press office for the business and support the Global Head of PR in managing corporate announcements and any negative PR issues. Monitor media coverage and identify possible issues.
- Media training: organise and undertake bespoke media training for key consultant spokespeople on a regular basis to keep skills fresh.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Significant PR experience in professional services marketing to include print, broadcast and online
- Experience of using research and thought leadership for PR campaigns and programmes
- Excellent writing skills and Top Down Thinking knowledge
- Understanding of the effectiveness of full communications mix - including social media, client events, PR. Evidence of delivering tangible media results.
- Ability to sell in top level editorial ideas; ability to identify, adapt and promote a potential story
- Ability to critically review content, restructure and produce clear, compelling narrative
- Good networking skills to help develop new relationships amongst target media