A great opportunity for an Interim Business Development Manager with US Law firm experience to join a global firm in the Legal sector.
You will be working with marketing colleagues in Europe and other offices to complete a variety of business development and marketing projects. The Business Development Specialist is a central person in the department and is involved in a variety of projects, including coordinating and supervising projects.
In coordination with the firm-wide Director of Business Development, the Marketing Director for Europe and the Marketing Manager for London this role will:
- Serve as lead coordinator for client proposals and pitches, including formal RFPs and tenders.
- Work with pitch/proposal team members in other offices to help maintain library of materials for pitches, proposals and RFP responses.
- Attend and contributes to local practice group and global Practice Area Team meetings and planning sessions.
- Facilitate the planning, implementation and follow-up of new business or cross-marketing opportunities.
- Work with practice groups to prepare and coordinate year-in-review reports for the various industry survey submissions, e.g. Chambers, Legal 500, PLC Which Lawyer, IFLR 1000 and others.
- Conduct research on clients/prospective clients, industry research and occasional competitive intelligence to develop knowledge about our clients, their industries and legal needs.
- Work with the creative team on the production of promotional materials, advertisements and invitations and, when necessary, PowerPoint presentations and client proposals.
- Assist with firm-sponsored events, teleconferences, seminars and receptions for clients and prospective clients in London and elsewhere, as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Educated to degree level
- A minimum of five years of marketing and/or business development-related experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional services environment
- Strong computer skills