Externally, you'll help shape the company's reputation among media, political and stakeholder audiences by creating and delivering integrated campaigns and maintaining a steady pipeline of news to build our company brand and support our business objectives.
You'll know exactly how to reach target audiences on and off line, and will be responsible for drafting materials from press releases and blog posts to briefings and stakeholder letters, as well as identifying and engaging with media and political influencers, pitching to journalists and ensuring our experts are at the right events on the speaker circuit.
You'll be the first point of contact for the UK press office, ensuring media and other external queries are handled in a timely and accurate way.
You will have a have proven skills in reaching targeted audiences online with a solid awareness of social media and experience of using design programmes like Canva, Photoshop and Final Cut Pro to create compelling content.
Qualities and skills
- You'll have proven experience in corporate communications, either agency or in-house
- Your keen interest in and knowledge of the UK political landscape, the media and the issues that matter to our company will allow you to spot proactive opportunities and threats.
- You will have excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- You'll be a creative self-starter, with sound judgement and excellent time management skills that enable you to ensure deadlines are met to a consistently high standard
- Being able to work independently, having a 'can do' approach to your work and the flexibility to work in a small and busy team will mean that you're never afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
- Experience in the media or creative industries is a bonus