An exciting opportunity for an Interim Business Development Manager to join an international Law firm based in London.
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced business development professional to join the finance practice. The role will predominately support the UK-based Finance partners but will also work closely with the Finance partners and associates across our EMEA and Asia businesses.
The role will focus on working with the Head of BD Finance - UK and EMEA and the relevant fee earners to develop initiatives that are aligned to the business plan and key client/product/sector objectives.
Business development planning
- Support the execution of existing BD initiatives as well as develop and support new initiatives that are aligned to the business plan
- Pro-actively engage with partners to set and deliver individual and group business development objectives
- Support client feedback e.g. post-pitch and post-matter reviews
- Take responsibility for the project management and drafting of significant pitches, liaising with partners and associates as well as the wider BD team
- Proactively work with partners and associates to develop messaging for pitches, prepare teams for pitches and establish yourself as a trusted advisor on pitch best practice
- Lead the directory submissions process for Finance, working with the Finance BD team and other teams as required to pull together key transactions, key messages, referee contacts and partner profiles
- Project manage the process to ensure that we maximise our rankings and liaise with the Chambers/Legal 500 researchers
Developing thought leadership and client content
- Work with partners, associates and BD colleagues to identify thought leadership campaigns
- Create a plan of action including topics such as target clients, desired work opportunities, execution team, setting targets and monitoring success
- Assist with the creation of relevant materials and advise on best channels for dissemination
Work based competencies
- Degree educated or similar level
- Seven years of Business Development experience in a corporate or partnership environment